Discover Market Fresh: Learn, Make, Share℠
Food Preservation Education Program Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes")
2015 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (D.C.), who are 18 years of age or older (19 or older in Alabama and Nebraska). The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Sunbeam Products, Inc. d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions, makers of FoodSaver® Products ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and Sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2015 and ends on September 30, 2015 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, while at a participating farmers market, visit the Discover Market Fresh: Learn, Make, Share℠ Food Preservation Education Program booth to sign up to receive information from foodsaver.com and enter the Sweepstakes, via a tablet provided by the brand representative at the booth. Enter your email address, first name, last name, and ZIP code and submit your information for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will receive an email confirmation of your entry. By entering and providing your email address for the Sweepstakes, you will automatically "opt-in" to receive informational emails from foodsaver.com. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address.
Automated means of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Use of email addresses from disposable or temporary email address services, or email forwarding services, is prohibited and any attempt to enter using such an email address will be blocked. An email address is required to enter. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times above the stated limit or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the natural person associated with the email account used for entry will be considered the entrant. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor's decisions.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected in each of the twelve (12) Weekly Drawings from all eligible entries received for the corresponding Weekly Entry Period on or about the Drawing Date (per table below).
|Weekly Entry Period||Start/End Dates||Approximate Drawing Date|
|Week 1||7/1/15 - 7/12/15||8/10/15|
|Week 2||7/13/15 - 7/19/15||8/10/15|
|Week 3||7/20/15 - 7/26/15||8/10/15|
|Week 4||7/27/15 - 8/2/15||8/10/15|
|Week 5||8/3/15 - 8/9/15||9/7/15|
|Week 6||8/10/15 - 8/16/15||9/7/15|
|Week 7||8/17/15 - 8/23/15||9/7/15|
|Week 8||8/24/15 - 8/30/15||9/7/15|
|Week 9||8/31/15 - 9/6/15||10/8/15|
|Week 10||9/7/15 - 9/13/15||10/8/15|
|Week 11||9/14/15 - 9/20/15||10/8/15|
|Week 12||9/21/15 - 9/30/15||10/8/15|
Drawings will be conducted by a third party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Each Weekly Entry Period consists of seven (7) days, with the exception of Week 1, which consists of twelve (12) days and Week 12, which consists of ten (10) days. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Entry Period. Non-winning entries will NOT be carried over into subsequent Weekly Drawings.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARVs"):
TWELVE (12) WEEKLY PRIZES: a FoodSaver® V4865 2-In-1 Vacuum Sealing System, ARV: $199.00.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person and/or household. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on his/her respective prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance of and use of prize not herein specified.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. All potential winners will be notified via email to the email address provided at the time of entry. Potential winners will be required to send a return email with their mailing address and phone number, for prize shipment, within five (5) business days of attempted notification. If any potential winner does not respond to an email notification within five (5) business days of first email notification attempt, if prize notification, or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants, or if notification email is not timely received for any reason, including because of spam filters. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize after verification.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties (collectively, "Releasees") resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Website. Use of Website is at user's own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website, or any other loss related to user's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
10. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner's list.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Palm Beach County, Florida for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt to: Discover Market Fresh Sweepstakes Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1095, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests must be received by October 30, 2015.
13. SPONSOR: Sunbeam Products, Inc. d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions, 2381 N.W. Executive Center Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33431.